Advantages of Pre-Planning...
There are many advantages to pre-arranging a funeral. For some, it is easier to make arrangements in an atmosphere that is not charged with the grief and trauma that occurs at the time of death. Planning arrangements ahead of time can help to relieve some of the emotional stress of dealing with the loss of a loved one. Prearranging a funeral also allows you to make decisions about the type of service that you desire. Knowing that a funeral reflects the wishes of your loved one can be a source of comfort.
Overview of Pre-Planning...
You can pre-arrange as much or as little as you want. There are three basic levels of funeral pre-planning:
- The first level is simply recording personal information that we will keep in a confidential file at our Funeral Home. In addition to basic information about yourself, you may want to record any preferences you have for the funeral service, such as location or people to be involved in the service.
- The second level involves the selection of specific services and merchandise. This may include selecting the type of service (for example, a funeral service with a public viewing, cremation or other types of services) and the merchandise involved, from caskets and cremation containers to register books and memorial folders.
- The third level involves funding the pre-arrangements. This can be done all at once, or payments can be made over time. With pre-funding, the funeral is paid for at current prices, which reduces future financial responsibility for you and your family. We provide traditional bank trusts and insurance options, where the money is set aside and reserved for your final expenses.
We offer the following funding options:
- Traditional bank trusts through our local financial institution Note: tax liabilites incurred with this option
- Life Insurance or Annuity
All of these funding options guarantee that your money cannot be withdrawn for any purpose other than your final expenses. The interest earned on the account is used to offset future price increases. Our staff is experienced in setting up both types of pre-funding arrangements.
Precautions When Making Pre-Arrangements...
There are a few things to remember when making pre-arrangements. Be cautious about unsolicited phone calls that you may receive about making pre-arrangements or purchasing merchandise such as caskets or vaults. You should never feel pressured to make a quick decision. If you are not sure about what the caller wants to sell you, please take the time to contact us.
The cost of merchandise from third party sellers may be substantially higher than the cost of similar merchandise that can be purchased from our Funeral Home. At Ronan Funeral Home, there is never any pressure to purchase merchandise and we do not make unsolicited phone calls. Please note that in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, only licensed funeral directors can sell funeral and cremation services.
We offer General Price Lists in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission's trade regulation rule; Funeral Industry Practices 16CFR Part 453. Our fees are established in consultation with a professional accounting firm. We will be happy to take the necessary time to answer all of your questions, discuss various options, and help you plan the right service at a price you can afford.
Arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home by clicking the button below. Fill in as much as you are comfortable with and we'd be pleased to meet with you to discuss further. See the form below for details.